Programme Code: SAQA-96455 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
The Higher Certificate in Marketing aims to provide students with the framework for understanding the dynamics of marketing which is a major operating function of any organisation in pursuit of business. Equipped with the core marketing principles and concepts, students of this programme will have greater opportunity to compete and succeed in their future marketing career.
This programme provides the foundational building blocks of understanding marketing. It is neither too narrow nor limited to retail marketing or sales management.
This qualification will equip students with a fairly broad-based knowledge of the world of business. They will be able to think across different disciplines, as companies are confronted with a continuous process of developing and maintaining a feasible fit between organisations’ objectives, skills and resources and their changing marketing opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Define the sphere of marketing;
- Apply the fundamental principles of marketing by developing a coherent marketing mix;
- Demonstrate an understanding of business management and communication in organisations;
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake market research for effective decision making;
- Explain the typical elementary methods and procedures involved in marketing;
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing communications within organisations/businesses;
- Access, process and manage elementary marketing information;
- Explain marketing contexts and systems within which organisations operate and link these to marketing opportunities; and
- Identify, implement and manage marketing strategies and objectives.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Principles of Marketing Management
Consumer Behaviour and Decision Making
Branding and Brand Management
Global and e-Marketing
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.