Programme Code: SAQA-94871 – NQF level 9 – Credits 180
The Mancosa [GSB] MBA is contextualised to the management, leadership and business needs of a dynamic global market. The proliferation of knowledge in the 21st century, driven by technological advancements and new communication vehicles, has fundamentally altered the manner in which organisations strive to remain sustainable and competitive. Crafting strategies that are responsive to the global landscape, whilst still catering to the political, economic and social demands of the local environment requires a new breed of management and visionary leadership.
Resource-rich countries such as Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) have the potential to drive global economic growth across vast regions of both the developing and developed worlds. However, the trajectory and pace of this growth, is dependent on the extent to which managers and leaders are able to meet the unique challenges and complexities of organisations that operate in dynamic markets. The Mancosa [GSB] MBA understands and addresses these challenges.
The Mancosa [GSB] MBA instils in students an in-depth understanding of the forces shaping business developments in dynamic markets and fosters the leadership skills that are necessary to support and grow organisations that are at different stages of growth. Students acquire knowledge, skills and competencies to manage organisations in developing countries through a series of well- planned learning experiences and interventions. The result of this co-ordinated approach is a 21st century MBA graduate who is equipped to excel in a demanding management and leadership position, both locally and abroad. The Mancosa [GSB] MBA remains one of the most popular MBA degrees in many parts of the world.
Upon succesful completion of the programme a student should be able to:
- Evaluate and solve problems in which responses display that responsible decisions using strategic, critical and creative thinking is evident.
- Display independent judgement and decision-making capabilities in business, including demonstrating insight into being entrepreneurial.
- Identify, interpret and evaluate the environmental forces in organisations and the inherent and potential capacities of an organisation.
- Develop business policies and strategies for organisations to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Organise and mobilise the resources of the organisation to achieve strategic goals and targets.
- Develop an organisational reflective mind-set that can create continuous learning and growth in oneself, the staff and the organisation.
- Use technology effectively and critically, showing ethical responsibility towards the environment and the health/well-being of others.
- Develop conceptual and applied entrepreneurial skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply conceptual and analytical frameworks within different organisational management conditions.
- Utilise appropriate financial management tools as an aid for decision-making purposes.
- Display ethical behaviour in a corporate management context
Duration: 1.5 years
|1||1||Strategic Marketing Management
Human Resources Development
Information and Knowledge Management
Research and Quantitative Methods
|2||Elective: Choose 1 module:||
Supply Chain Management
- An Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma; or
- A Bachelors NQF level 8 degree; and
- Five years working experience, of which two years are in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
It is possible in exceptional circumstances to gain entry to the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). For further information on this alternative admissions route, contact a student consultant at Mancosa [GSB].