Programme Code: SAQA-94871 – NQF level 9 – Credits 180
The Mancosa [GSB] MBA is contextualised to the management, leadership and business needs of a dynamic global market. The proliferation of knowledge in the 21st century, driven by technological advancements and new communication vehicles, has fundamentally altered the manner in which organisations strive to remain sustainable and competitive. Crafting strategies that are responsive to the global landscape, whilst still catering to the political, economic and social demands of the local environment requires a new breed of management and visionary leadership.
Resource-rich countries such as Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) have the potential to drive global economic growth across vast regions of both the developing and developed worlds. However, the trajectory and pace of this growth, is dependent on the extent to which managers and leaders are able to meet the unique challenges and complexities of organisations that operate in dynamic markets. The Mancosa [GSB] MBA understands and addresses these challenges.
The Mancosa [GSB] MBA instils in students an in-depth understanding of the forces shaping business developments in dynamic markets and fosters the leadership skills that are necessary to support and grow organisations that are at different stages of growth. Students acquire knowledge, skills and competencies to manage organisations in developing countries through a series of well- planned learning experiences and interventions. The result of this co-ordinated approach is a 21st century MBA graduate who is equipped to excel in a demanding management and leadership position, both locally and abroad. The Mancosa [GSB] MBA remains one of the most popular MBA degrees in many parts of the world.
The Mancosa [GSB] MBA Programme:
- Provides graduates from non-business backgrounds the opportunity to increase their practical knowledge of business and enhance their strategic focus in a number of business disciplines.
- Develops analytical thinkers and problem-solvers who are able to operate in both a local and global environment.
- Allows students to reflect on management practice through problem-based and project-based activities.
- Explores cutting-edge management theories and models to develop new business solutions and effective leadership approaches.
- Enables students to acquire entrepreneurial skills to undertake new ventures.
- Improves career mobility and enables students to work in a range of industries.
- Provides opportunities to network and establish communities of practice.
- Enables students to study from various parts of the world.
- Utilises a diverse range of content and action-based teaching methods to ensure individual and organisational learning.
- Offers students the flexibility to study with minimal disruption to their personal and professional life.
Duration: 1.5 years
|1||1||Strategic Marketing Management
Human Resources Development
Information and Knowledge Management
Research and Quantitative Methods
|2||Elective: Choose 1 module:||
Supply Chain Management
- An Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma; or
- A Bachelors NQF level 8 degree; and
- Five years working experience, of which two years are in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
It is possible in exceptional circumstances to gain entry to the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). For further information on this alternative admissions route, contact a student consultant at Mancosa [GSB].