Programme Code: SAQA-36078 – NQF level 8 – Credits 300
There has never been a more compelling time to embark on a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree programme. The need for highly capable managers to lead organisations in an age of constant change is more urgent than ever. In uncertain economic times the future will be defined by those with the ability to grasp complex issues, think strategically, act positively, lead decisively, manage collaboratively and resolve problems innovatively.
MANCOSA enables the development of leaders with the ability to deliver a new vision of the future in these unprecedented times. Our MBA degree programme stretches and challenges you to become a defining player in your organisation and fulfil your true potential, both professionally and personally.
Studying towards a MANCOSA MBA is an important investment because it enables you to set ambitious personal goals, chart a rewarding career pathway and accomplish key milestones on the way to success. While doing all of this, you can make a lasting contribution to your organisation and society.
The highly recognised MANCOSA MBA degree programme is benchmarked, internationally, for consistency and tailored, regionally, for contextual relevance.
The programme equips students with a solid working knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge management systems, approaches, practices and decision-making tools for ensuring business success.
Some of the critical management skills and abilities acquired are crafting and implementing strategy, re-engineering business management systems and processes, marketing the organisation in a competitive economic environment, making sound financial and business decisions, managing and measuring performance, communicating clearly and leading teams across different functional areas of the organisation.
If you are seeking the flexibility of combining work with study, our supported distance-learning MBA offers you the perfect solution. It allows you to fit learning and development into your busy work and family lifestyle.
MANCOSA has mastered the art of combining supported distance-learning with self-study, workshops, enrichment classes, case analysis, conceptual exercises, individual tutor and strong web-based support. This method encourages analysis and discussion of real business cases and contributes to deep learning. The use of internet technologies such as email and web-based support, brings the students and faculty together across any distance or cultural boundary. This allows learning to take place across great distances and brings an interesting cosmopolitan mix to MANCOSA's future graduates.
Our method provides the frameworks and concepts of MBA education in a richer and relevant context – and is responsive to the demands of contemporary business. The programme combines theory with practice to help students acquire a firm grounding in the fundamentals of business management. MANCOSA places strong emphasis on the practical application of theory so that learning can be applied to real-life work situations.
MANCOSA programmes give insight into the fields of management, marketing, human resources, operations, economics, corporate strategy, international business and finance. The programme culminates with a research project that not only empowers you with strong research and analytical skills, but enables you to improve your organisation through research. Our experienced faculty will assist and guide you through your research component.
Our practitioner-led approach enables you to immediately implement new knowledge and skills in the everyday workplace. Case studies are an integral part of our programme. When students are presented with a case, they place themselves in the role of a decision maker as they read through the situation and identify the problems encountered. The next step is to perform the necessary analysis – examining the causes and considering alternative courses of action to come to a set of recommendations. This method transforms students into problem-solvers, innovators and team leaders.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply integrative and critical thinking skills in the business environment.
- Craft and implement business strategies.
- Anticipate and analyse trends in the business environment.
- Approach organisational decisions in an ethical, legal and socially responsible manner.
- Operate in dynamic and complex domestic and global organisational environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the functional areas of business.
- Integrate theory and application from various functional areas in an interdisciplinary approach.
- Contribute to the existing body of knowledge by applying research skills in undertaking research activities.
- Appreciate the ethical issues associated with research and knowledge production in the discipline.
- Challenge orthodoxies and redefine existing knowledge, while demonstrating awareness of the nature of knowledge in the field.
- Should be able to have mastered a body of knowledge within each management and business discipline.
- Should be able to have mastered all relevant research techniques, both general and specific in relation to a particular field of study.
- Make an expert contribution to the conduct of business in a particular area of economic activity.
Duration: 2.5 years
|1||1||Human Resource Management
Management Information Systems
Accounting for Decision Making
|2||Managing Strategic Change
|Elective: Choose 1 module:||
Investment and Portfolio Management
Business and Professional Ethics
Managing Health Care
- An Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma; or
- A Bachelors NQF level 8 degree; and
- Five years working experience, of which two years are in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
It is possible in exceptional circumstances to gain entry to the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). For further information on this alternative admissions route, contact a student consultant at MANCOSA.