The main focus of MBA degrees are on mature, talented adults with proven academic ability. These are highly motivated people with business experience. Students with the capacity for personal and professional development are chosen most often.
Some business schools require:
- students to be older than 25,
- have at least three year’s working experience,
- be fluent in English
- have a Bachelor Honours degree, postgraduate diploma or a Bachelor’s degree equivalent based on relevant work experience.
Other institutions require a 4-year degree or a 3-year degree plus a post-graduate diploma. Another entry requirement is a level of competence in mathematics equivalent to the requirements of the SA matriculation certificate.
MBA Entrance Requirements
Applicants can also be required to obtain a score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). The GMAT is a 3½-hour standardized exam designed to predict how you will perform academically. Graduate business schools use the score to make admission decisions.
Some institutions require you to write an NMAT or APIL test, for similar competency scores. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) candidates are usually required to write the NMAT test.
Various business schools have additional MBA requirements such as
- essays about your life experience
- attitudes and values, or
- referee evaluations
Your admission can also depend on whether you will contribute to the programme and benefit from it.
MBA Application Entry Requirements
You will need:
- a clear copy of your degree certificates
- a transcript showing the symbol or percentage obtained for each module
- original documentary proof of at least three years’ managerial or professional work experience on a letterhead
- a recent Curriculum Vitae and a clear copy of your identity document or passport
An essay motivating why you want to obtain an MBA is also required. A recommendation letter from your employer which supports your application and acknowledging your study obligations may also be necessary.
For the MANCOSA online MBA, the minimum admission requirement is a relevant Bachelor Honours Degree or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma. It is also possible to gain entry to the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning(RPL).
If you meet all the requirements, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!