Programme Code: SAQA-93708 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
This qualification offers a combination of theory and practice in the area of supply chain management. The qualification aims to develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and application of specific issues in supply chain management. The qualification will develop management and planning skills, and provide participants with knowledge of economics. The purpose of this qualification is to equip students with a sound fundamental knowledge base and basic skills regarding supply chain management.
The HCert (Supply Chain Management) is aimed at equipping first-line managers with the knowledge and skills required to fulfil their management role within the supply chain. This includes the disciplines of warehousing, transport, inventory, materials management and purchasing.
The qualification has relevance for students who engage in processes across the supply chain so as to create sustainable value for organisations.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the supply chain management environment within an organisation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the influence of performance and risk within a supply chain management environment.
- Contribute to the development of a supply chain strategy for an organisation.
- Contribute to operational plans for supply chain management.
- Implement a supply chain strategy.
Duration: 1 year
Basic Economics and Finance
Supply Chain Management
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.