Programme Code: SAQA-99511 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
The Higher Certificate in Public Sector Procurement is directed at those employed within public service as well as those aspiring to enter procurement in the public sector. Graduates will develop the skills required to effectively perform their duties. Through the coursework, the programme aims to build skills in public sector procurement and supply chain management to promote effective service delivery and economic development.
On completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the role of procurement in the public sector;
- Work confidently within the public regulatory procurement environment;
- Understand the underlying theories and principles underpinning procurement and supply chain management;
- Engage with the appropriate theory around public finance;
- Possess knowledge literacy within the area of public procurement and supply chain management;
- Assess problems in public sector procurement and formulate solutions;
- Have an appreciation of due diligence (ethics, social responsibility, sustainability and accountability) within the public sector procurement;
- Understand what it means to act ethically and responsibly;
- Be able to engage in self-directed learning;
- Understand the fundamentals of public administration in the context of public sector procurement.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Principles of Public Administration
Legal Issues in Public Sector Procurement
Public Sector Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Managing Supply Chain Relationships
|2||Fundamentals of Public Finance
Supply Chain Diligence
Logistics and Materials Handling
Public Procurement and Supply Tools
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.