Programme Code: SAQA-97198 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
Project management has emerged in the business world as one of the most popular career fields in the twenty-first century. It encompasses and touches every facet and business unit of the organisation from human resources to finance and information technology.
Having a project management certification enables individuals to easily switch careers. The project management framework cuts across all disciplines while the tools and techniques required to manage projects remain the same. Some of these tools and techniques may need to be adapted based on the nature of the project and the industry.
This programme is intended to provide students with the framework for understanding the dynamics of project management and covers all the essential elements and processes in project management.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Practice the process of project management and its application in delivering successful projects;
- Evaluate a project to develop the scope of work, provide accurate cost estimates and to plan the various activities;
- Understand and use risk management analysis techniques that identify the factors that put a project at risk and to quantify the likely effect of risk on project timescales;
- Identify the resources required for a project and to produce a work plan and resource schedule;
- Distinguish between the different types of project and follow the stages needed to negotiate an appropriate contract; and
- Develop a project plan and change control systems to integrate the various project elements.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Fundamentals of Project Management
Project Scope and Time Management
Project Quality Management
|2||Project Schedule, Cost and Budget Control
Project Risk Management
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.