Programme Code: SAQA-93709 – NQF level 5 – Credits 120
The purpose of the qualification is to provide a structured programme for persons wishing to work as information technology support staff in public and private sector organisations.
The qualification aims to develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and application of information technology principles. It will also develop communication and project management skills, and provide students with skills in information technology support.
This qualification covers fundamental concepts and components into the technology and operation of modern information systems.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the information technology environment of an organisation.
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively.
- Operate as information technology support staff.
- Undertake basic information technology tasks in an organisation.
- Apply, implement and maintain the basic principles information technology systems.
- Compile information for business decision making.
Duration: 1 year
Essential Business Mathematics
Introduction to Programming
|2||Computer Hardware and Architecture
End User Computing
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English.