Programme Code: SAQA-93710 – NQF level 6 – Credits 120
This qualification offers a combination of theory and practice in the area of financial services. Qualifying students will develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and application of specific issues in financial planning. They will also develop research skills, financial planning skills as well as skills in communication.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Describe the financial planning process in detail;
- Describe, explain, analyse and synthesise financial planning concepts;
- Analyse a variety of products and make an informed decision based on the client’s needs and suitability of the product to the need;
- Provide a comprehensive financial needs analysis to a client;
- Record the advice process for as per regulatory requirements;
- Analyse market conditions, regulations, investment products, risk products and provide solutions to clients based on the financial need;
- Implement a monitoring process for client feedback and re-evaluation; and
- Provide and implement a business management operation in line with the appropriate compliance requirements.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Financial Planning Environment
Personal Financial Planning
Business Financial Planning
Income Tax Planning
- The minimum entry requirement is a Higher Certificate in the appropriate field; or
- An equivalent NQF level 5 qualification .