Supervise and mentor student teachers, providing training, support and evaluation of the student teacher during the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) component of the teaching programmes (PGCE and BEd)
- Provide constructive feedback to students by means of various teaching strategies and pedagogies applicable to classroom teaching and teacher development.
- Plan and administrate timeous teaching practice visits to students for practical assessments.
- Evaluate students’ performance through practical assessments and e-portfolios.
- Provide pastoral care and support to students’, developing intervention strategies.
- Build rapport with and develop relations with school principals and mentor teachers.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the CAPS curriculum
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and EQ skills.
- Must be proficient in the subject matter of the teaching specialisations; be an expert in their field of knowledge with a thorough understanding of the related assessment requirements.
- Must have some knowledge of the various 21st Century teaching and learning skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills. Must be able to work within flexible working hours during the student teacher evaluation process and time frames.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must present themselves professionally with honesty, integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Fulfil all reasonably expected administrative functions related to the post.
- Must be computer literate and willing to learn how to navigate the MANCOSA Learning Management System.
- Must have a South African 4 year teaching qualification.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years teaching and/or school management experience.
- Must be registered with SACE and possess a valid a police clearance certificate or be willing to apply for one.
- Must have a good understanding of the CAPS curriculum as per subject specialisation.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the various teaching strategies and pedagogies applicable to classroom teaching and teacher development.
- Must have your own vehicle to travel in and around the province with ease.
- Must have a laptop and access to data.
- Distance learning experience in assessments (online)
- Leadership and Management in educational institutions
All applicants are to kindly fill and forward the employment application form and their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 31st December 2020. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.