Programme Code: SAQA-97907 - NQF level 7 - Credits 360
Entrepreneurship is the process of identifying, creating and realising opportunities for new business or social ventures. The Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship is an undergraduate degree that aims to provide knowledge, skills and acumen to those aspiring to start their own business or those wishing to contribute to successful entrepreneurial ventures. The Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship responds to the needs of students and the community through providing appropriate training in entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial development.
The programme content is designed to provide qualifiers with graduate-level knowledge, specific skills and applied competence (including the development of graduate attributes and qualities) in the field of entrepreneurship, the programme provides opportunities for continued personal intellectual growth, gainful economic activity and rewarding contributions to society.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Define the concept of entrepreneurship;
- Describe the entrepreneurial process;
- Understand the theory behind creativity and innovation;
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities;
- Describe the context in which entrepreneurial activity occurs;
- Understand the legal and information technology framework in which businesses operate;
- Explain the domains of entrepreneurship, financial management and management;
- Display knowledge of the functional areas of management;
- Apply accounting principles in managing a business;
- Evaluate growth strategies for entrepreneurial ventures.
Duration: 3 years
Business Management 1A
Business Management 1B
Business Management 2A
Business Management 2B
Financial Accounting Principles
Business Management 3A
Business Management 3B
Statistical Techniques in Business
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.