Programme Code: SAQA-62110 – NQF level 8 – Credits 120
The Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management [PGDip (Project Management)] is a one-year specialised programme that enables students to develop an advanced understanding of concepts, approaches and tools relevant to the field of project management. Project management impacts directly on the growth and advancement of most modern organisations and is a much-sought-after qualification.
The programme enhances the capacity of managers to improve production and service delivery thereby contributing to organisational effectiveness. The programme also provides for the attainment of quantitative skills in project finance and project management.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply project management principles in a work-based context.
- Apply quantitative methodologies in making work-based decisions.
- Utilise technology to solve work-based problems.
- Manage people in a project.
- Display project leadership skills.
- Apply financial management principles.
- Display knowledge of quality principles.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Principles of Project Management
Project Scope and Time Management
Project Management Leadership
Project Communication and Risk Management
|2||Project Resource Management
Project Financial Management
Project Quality Management
Project Applied Technology
- The minimum entry requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or appropriate Advanced Diploma.