Programme Code: SAQA-71909 – NQF level 8 – Credits 120
The Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Human Resource Management [BComHons (Human Resource Management)] is a one-year postgraduate degree that equips students with skills and knowledge to occupy middle to senior management positions. The primary objective of the programme is to link human resources to the business imperatives within an organisation.
The programme is also aimed at providing the student with an understanding and working application of the principles essential to the effective management of organisations, with specialisation in the human resource function.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Make relevant connections between theoretical Human Resource Management knowledge and practical application
- Demonstrate Human Resource Management knowledge and awareness of its application in diverse contexts
- Engage in the in the Human Resource Management field through an understanding of the theories and policies.
- Contribute to human resource strategy and policy development in a variety of organisations
- Demonstrate the ability to interrogate and evaluate Human Resource Management knowledge
- Access relevant information in terms of analysing and addressing problems related to human resource management in organisations
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue horizontal and vertical learning and research in the field of human resource management
- Produce, assess, manage and communicate relevant information to support the human resources function in organisations
- Demonstrate the ability to function autonomously, exercise ethical conduct and maintain professional standards
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Human Resource Development
Strategic Human Resource Management
- The minimum entry requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or appropriate Advanced Diploma.