Programme Code: SAQA-71909 – NQF level 8 – Credits 120
The Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Human Resource Management [BComHons (Human Resource Management)] is a one-year postgraduate degree that equips students with skills and knowledge to occupy middle to senior management positions. The primary objective of the programme is to link human resources to the business imperatives within an organisation.
The programme is also aimed at providing the student with an understanding and working application of the principles essential to the effective management of organisations, with specialisation in the human resource function.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Identify, analyse, formulate, and solve convergent and divergent problems in public and non-governmental spheres through critical thinking.
- Work effectively with others as a leader of a team, group, organisation, community, and provide leadership to the group output in public and non-governmental spheres.
- Manage and organise his or hers activities and life responsibly and effectively, including his or hers studies and career.
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information.
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation, in sustained discourse.
- Where appropriate, use science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health and well-being of others, in community, national and global contexts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation, and by acknowledging their responsibilities to those in the local and broader community.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Human Resource Development
Strategic Human Resource Management
Research Report (Compulsory)
- The minimum entry requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or appropriate Advanced Diploma.