Programme Code: SAQA-99554 – NQF level 8 – Credits 120
The Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Supply Chain Management is directed at enabling students with cognate undergraduate qualifications and relevant qualifications to further develop their functional and strategic competencies in the field of supply chain management. The envisaged target audience for this programme are those occupying middle and senior management positions within the supply chain field as well as those students who have completed a cognate Bachelor’s or equivalent qualification. With an academic focus in mind, this programme strives to develop and enhance the research ability of students with the intention of preparing them for further postgraduate study, whilst at the same time, allowing them to pursue professional certification through various professional bodies in the field of supply chain management and its sub-disciplines.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Develop a critical understanding of the supply chain function;
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex strategies and their application in supply chain management;
- Be able to collect, synthesise and present information in an appropriate format for decision making;
- Develop a critical awareness of the interactions which take place in a supply chain;
- Assess problems and formulate appropriate response strategies;
- Demonstrate awareness of triple bottom line issues in supply chain management;
- Be able to critically evaluate supply chain theories, strategies and plans;
- Demonstrate use of a wide range of specialised skills to solve complex supply chain problems;
- Be able to engage in self-directed learning;
- Demonstrate the effective use of technology;
- Be able to conduct research to solve supply chain problems.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Strategic Supply Chain Management
Procurement and Supply Management
Supply Chain Risk Management
||Logistics and Transport Management
- The minimum entry requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or appropriate Advanced Diploma.