The position entails the following job responsibilities:
- Administrative scheduling, minute taking, organisational and report proofing, writing, advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, editing and proofing.
Creative and innovative.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved in facilitating, monitoring and evaluating of projects i.e. training and resource building.
- Assisting with administrative tasks facilitating and disseminating innovative pedagogical practices within departments, including using emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved facilitating the embedding of disciplinary graduate attributes in the academic programme, and monitoring how these are incorporated into Teaching and Learning activities and assessment tasks.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved initiating and implementing professional staff development in the area of Teaching and Learning through consultation with academic departments and liaising with Academic, Library and Student Services staff.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved conducting research into the barriers to learning and documenting ways in which this can be developed.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved monitoring student experience and ensuring follow up on recommendations for improved practice through Teaching and Learning.
- Assisting with administrative tasks involved in the promoting the scholarship of Teaching & Learning in the Institution by collaborating with academics in the Faculty to uncover best practice in the field of Teaching & Learning.
- Assistance with administrative tasks involved facilitating an understanding of regional integration, compliance with Higher education standards in assessments, curriculum, CHE, SAQA, DHET and other compliance bodies.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Teaching and Learning Manager and the higher education institution working within an Academic/ Student Support Services/ Library and the Learning Management System departments.
A minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Administration
- Minimum of one years’ experience within a higher education academic/student support department or corporate environment
- Highly administrative experience
Job related knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the operational requirements within the higher education sector
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, editing and proofing.
- Creative and innovative attributes
- Institutional and industry knowledge/ understanding
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to higher education
Competencies and skills:
- MS Office Suite
- Proficient in English writing and communication
- Responsible and high organisational skills with attention to detail
- Proactive and multitask
- Adaptable and resilient
- Collaborating skills
- Communication skills
- Required to work during the weekends and overtime
- May be required to work extended hours to ensure completion of projects and tasks
All applicants are to kindly fill and forward the employment application form and their CV’s to email@example.com by no later than 27th November 2020. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.