27 May

• By Administrator
  • In News
  • Comments 22

A Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate, Ms Mamphela Cleopatra Matlawe was bestowed with the Top Research Dissertation Award at the Management College of Southern Africa’s (MANCOSA’s) May 2014 graduation for her research that analysed the compliance levels of management competency policies at a State owned enterprise.

Ms Matlawe’s research dissertation titled: Investigating the Level of Compliance with the Management Competency Policy at Telkom South Africa Limited was aimed at ascertaining the extent to which the company had complied with its management policy and identified barriers that challenged compliance. The study also suggests management competencies that could benefit State owned enterprises.

Comments were sought from two hundred managers from Telkom branches in the Gauteng region. Research findings indicated that while certain managerial competencies had been achieved there were managers who lacked skills to manage processes and were limited in their strategic management competencies. Findings also pointed out that managers lacked leadership competencies.

Ms Matlawe, a Data Centre Infrastructure and Facility Manager at Telkom, who joined the company in 1999, indicated that research of this nature proved beneficial because it contributed to a top performing workforce with a high degree of management competency.

Speaking of her academic accolade, Ms Matlawe said: “It means so much to me to have received this recognition, it is really a great achievement and I am extremely proud. I would like to thank everybody that contributed to the achievement. Special thanks go out to my supervisor Mr Stephen Moyo, my children and my parents.”

Pursuing the MBA was a challenging task for Ms Matlawe who said it entailed long hours of studying and a mammoth workload that took her away from her family.

Ms Matlawe expressed her gratitude to MANCOSA for the business skills she has gained having pursued her MBA through the institution. “I would like to say thank you to MANCOSA for all the knowledge that I gained when I was studying there.  They made the MBA programme to be so interesting. The one thing I miss the most is the interactive discussions/debates that we had in our classes,” she added.

22 Comments

• Robert Bright Salijeni May 28, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I am inspired. Congratulations Ms Matlawe.

• Innocentia Rakosa May 29, 2014 at 2:44 pm

extremely inspired, well done!!!!!!!!

• Josphen May 30, 2014 at 11:07 am

Its good to embark on studies and excel. Well done! You are truly an inspiration to excellence.

• Ridwan Haffajee May 31, 2014 at 12:14 am

Well done and what an achievement!!!

• Phenias Ncube June 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Brilliant my sister. You have inspired all of us

• Lesego Madiba June 2, 2014 at 11:26 am

Well done,what an achievement. I am really inspired. Studying and having to work and take care of the family is very difficult but you did it.Congradulations sister.

• Pontsho Mtsima June 3, 2014 at 6:04 am

Cleo, we are so so proud of you.such an inspiration to all of us in the team.We love you and keep on shinning!!

• Kedibone June 3, 2014 at 6:24 am

Congradulations Sister, I’m really inspired nd look up to people like u in life

• Rev Tebogo G Mabena June 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

Congratulations my sister. I admire your courage. This kind of an achievement inspires us to continue pursuing our dreams because they are certainly achievable.

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family and your future aspirations.

• Kgomotso Matlawe June 3, 2014 at 9:58 am

We are extremely proud of you mother! keep shining and inspiring us! We thank God for you and your achievements and your motivation!

• Mummy Tlhabane June 3, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Congratulations Mamphela, what a great accolade, I’m inspired. God bless

• Malebo Morapedi June 4, 2014 at 5:02 am

My Sister

You have set the bar even higher in this family when I look at u and I realise that no matter what u are facing in life u can always do and achieve what you set out to achieve and with distinction on top of that.

Re loboga modimo all the time that u are part of this family a humble loving hard working soul such as yourself, I couldnt have wished for this wonderful achievement for a better person!!!

When I said your going to be C.E.O one-day u didnt believe me, I hope Telkom knows about this …… Your a great inspiration to US and UR kid’s and our kids,

Hard work pays off! MODIMO O MOGOLO!

• mba dissertation May 19, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Congratulation Ms Mamphela !! you did a great job. all students inspire to you.

• Steve Chandrabhaon MBA Regent Business School Student June 29, 2016 at 9:40 am

Fantastic Ms Matlawe What an incredible achievement. Enjoy your rewards in whatever form. All the best.

• AngelaAgima January 13, 2017 at 9:20 pm

You always do the right thing. God Bless you.

• Albert Barkley May 31, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I would like to congrats all those who won the dissertation award.

• Mbuso June 28, 2017 at 6:40 am

Congratulations and inspired by this achievement.

• Stephen Eric Anderson July 7, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Well done indeed Ms Mamphela Cleopatra Matlawe, I know just how much it takes to complete a dissertation. Winning the ” Top Research Dissertation Award” is a cherry on the top for all the hard work and effort one puts into completing the dissertation.

This hard work takes a lot of sacrificing from, the candidate, the family and, above all the supervisor. Enjoy!!! Stephen Eric Anderson ” Most outstanding Masters Dissertation student 2010″

• Adolf July 19, 2017 at 9:09 am

Inspirational. Congrats Ms Matlawe. Just don’t stop there go for PhD

• Mpumi Sithelo October 2, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Wow. I am inspired to push even harder!

• Mogobadi Erick Moropa November 7, 2017 at 9:01 pm

I am motivated by this excellent achievement.The sky is the limit.