Programme Code: SAQA-85207 – NQF level 7 – Credits 360
The Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management [BCom (Supply Chain Management)] is a dynamic programme designed to give candidates specialist knowledge within the growing field of supply chain management. A well implemented supply chain management system has been identified as a key tool in the success of today’s leading businesses. Supply chain management involves the co-ordination, production, shipment and delivery of goods from the point of production to the point of consumption.
Students enrolled on the programme will be exposed to the learning areas of operations, supply chain management, logistics and purchasing. Students will obtain in-depth knowledge in the field of supply chain management. Graduates of this programme will be well prepared to occupy positions in industry and to pursue postgraduate studies.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Understand the key concepts in supply chain management, logistics, operations and purchasing.
- Develop and implement strategic supply chain plans.
- Analyse the performance of supply chain partners and develop methods to improve supply chain performance.
- Analyse and interpret information to facilitate strategy formulation and decision-making in supply chain management.
- Apply and integrate knowledge to solve supply chain problems.
Duration: 3 years
|1||1||Business Management 1A
End User Computing
|2||Business Management 1B
|2||1||Business Management 2A
Supply Chain Management 2A
|2||Business Management 2B
Supply Chain Management 2B
|3||1||Business Management 3A
Supply Chain Management 3A
Supply Chain Management 3B
Supply Chain Management 3C
|2||Business Management 3B
Supply Chain Management 3D
Supply Chain Management 3E
Supply Chain Management 3F
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.