Programme Code: SAQA-97881 – NQF level 8 – Credits 120
The Bachelor of Business Administration Honours programme provides an opportunity for students to realise their career goals through offering relevant NQF level 8-aligned knowledge, skills and acumen. It also affords the student an opportunity to continue with a cognate progression into the field of management.
This programme is designed for graduates and professionals from a wide range of business contexts and backgrounds who wish to productively participate in the challenges of twenty-first century management. The programme is intended to provide students with higher level management skills and knowledge of management frameworks, theories and tools and to employ these effectively to make a real difference in their work places.
The Bachelor of Business Administration Honours builds on the foundational knowledge and equips students with the strategic skills and knowledge essential for managing the key areas of organisations: accounting, human resource management, marketing, strategy, and operations management. In addition, it gives students the choice of following specialist options, such as entrepreneurship, global business management, project management etc.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Develop key transferable skills with applications in management from a strategic perspective;
- Demonstrate the ability to apply conceptual and analytical frameworks within different organisational management conditions;
- Apply creative and critical thinking in solving business-related problems;
- Attain personal and team goals using individual and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical and global issues in business;
- Identify and solve problems in which responses display that responsible decisions using critical and creative thinking have been made;
- Develop business policies and strategies for organisations to meet stakeholder requirements;
- Organise and mobilise the resources of the organisation to achieve strategic goals and targets;
- Use science and technology effectively and critically, showing ethical responsibility towards the environment and the health/well-being of others;
- Develop conceptual and applied entrepreneurial skills;
- Develop an understanding of a broad range of management functions and their integration, and the critical examination of management practice.
Duration: 1 year
|1||1||Contemporary Human Resource Management
Corporate and Business Strategy
Quantitative Methods and Business Research Methodology
||Operations and Supply Chain Management
Accounting and Financial Management
- The minimum entry requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or appropriate Advanced Diploma.